Sunday, July 5, 2009

Really??

Friday night at dinner Benjamin stopped eating his pasta and came and sat on my lap and asked to try some of my salad. I had made a salad with fresh spinach and had chosen balsamic vinegrette as a dressing and Benjamin actually TRIED it and ATE it and LIKED it. If anyone knows my kid, you know he wouldn't eat anything green (even if it was covered in pasta sauce or cheese or ketchup). On Saturday we were getting ready to leave for a 4th of July BBQ when Benjamin said he was hungry. So I gave him a plate of spinach and some balsamic vinegrette "dippies." How did it go the second time around? Take a look:


Success!!!

3 comments:

Jones said...

lol

Unknown said...

Awesome! I love me some spinach too

A. Pearce said...

How did you do that? Felicity (my 1.5 year old) eats bananas. That's the only raw fruit/veggie we can get her to eat. Last night I made spinach ravioli ... she took one bite, then spit it ALL out. The she wouldn't eat another bite. The night before it was eggplant parmesan, same thing. Sweet potatos, the same. Mangoes, the same. She used to like broccoli, but not anymore. We've cut out processed foods and still she refuses to eat ... Does it just take 2 years or did you do something specific? Brayden (my 5 year old) eats and has ALWAYS eaten everything we put in front of him, so I'm not well versed on the subject of picky eaters.