Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Benjamin Tour 2007

First of all, THANK YOU!!! to everyone who sent me pictures of Benjamin. I appreciate it soo much. I've decided to spend a couple hours every Sunday scrapbooking the pictures we take so that I at least have those if something ever happens again (heaven forbid!) So THANK YOU!

Well, this has been a fun week for us. On Tuesday morning Jonathan went fishing at Salem Ponds near Spanish Fork, UT. He is proud to announce that he caught his first bass of the season on a topwater. He didn't stop talking about it for days and is excited to go fishing again this next week.


On Wednesday Benjamin and I went to pick up his 3 month pictures we took a couple weeks ago. Here are a couple of my favorites... who am I kidding? I love them all, but I'll only post two of them.


On Saturday Benjamin and I flew to Los Angeles to visit my parents. Benjamin did really well on the flight there. He hardly fussed except during the landing part. I think his ears were bugging him a little- I know mine were bugging me. Once we landed and found Grammy at the baggage claim we were off on what we eventually started to refer to as the "Benjamin Tour 2007" We were on the go most of the weekend...


Saturday night we went to a birthday party for Rick's friend's daughter who just turned 21. Benjamin got to meet quite a few people... everyone loved to pinch his cheeks! When we got home that night Uncle Nick was off of work waiting to see us and my cousin Josh was also there from Rancho Cucamonga to spend some time with us. My Uncle Kevin and his girlfriend Christina also stopped by to say hello to us. By this time Benjamin was really tired so he said hi for a little bit and then was off to bed. I wasn't far behind him...


Here's a picture of Benjamin and Nick -->


Sunday morning Scott and Stuart came by for brunch before we went to church. It was good to see them and spend some time catching up. We went to church and Grammy had such a fun time showing off her grandbaby to anyone and everyone. After church it was off to a graduation party for another daughter of one of Rick's friends. Immediately following that we stopped by an "Ice Cream Social" hosted by the Bishop of my mom's ward. Phew... after that it was home and off to bed.


Monday we took it easy and hung out at the house before leaving for the airport in the early afternoon. It was a nice break from all the running around and Benjamin got to spend a little more time with Grammy, Pepere, and Uncle Blake. Benjamin enjoyed laying on Pepere's bed while Pepere folded laundry and put things away.



The plane ride home went fairly well. Benjamin screamed for the first 5 minutes when we were taxi-ing down the runway, but then fell asleep and slept the whole time. He woke up right as we were landing. As soon as he saw his dad, he was all smiles and had lots of "stories" to tell him. Benjamin seemed to really like being with his dad again. Anytime Jonathan was out of view he would start "talking" and looking around. Dad got to sit in the back seat with Benjamin on the way home while I drove.


Benjamin and I had a great trip. It was good to see a lot of people that we haven't seen in a long time. I know Grammy and Pepere and Uncle Blake all enjoyed having Benjamin come to visit. I think Jonathan enjoyed his time alone back in Provo as well. It's not often he gets the run of the house and a chance to have the TV all to himself.
Thanks again to everyone for the pictures of Benjamin. The three of us hope you're all doing well. We love to hear from each of you and all the fun stuff you guys are up to these days! Keep in touch!




No comments: