Sunday, May 13, 2007

Rolling Over ... and Teething?!

Well, it's been an exciting week! On Tuesday Benjamin decided to impress his mom with his new rolling over skills. He rolled from his front to his back for the first time. Dad was off playing basketball, but I was able to get a couple "rolls" on video. He did it three times in about 5 minutes that night... but he hasn't done it since. Every time I put him on his tummy he kinda looks at me like, "Mom, I already showed you I can do it. Now leave me alone." We'll keep trying!


Wednesday morning Jonathan went fishing and caught some pretty big fish. Here's a picture he took of the catfish he caught while fishing for Bass at Salem Ponds. It was 22 inches long and weighed about 3 1/2 to 4 pounds. What a catch!

Jonathan is excited because he only has 2 weeks left before he switches to his "summer" work schedule where he has Fridays off. That means more fishing...

Well, we're not sure, but Benjamin might already be teething. He has had a slight fever a couple days this week and has not been sleeping well all week. And he's more irritable than normal. He's also been drooling like crazy... we're talking long slobbers constantly coming out of his mouth. We've given him some teething medicine and that seems to help him feel better. Benjamin has an older cousin who got teeth by 4 months old so it's possible I guess. We'll see if any teeth pop up soon, but this could just be a false alarm.

Saturday all three of us went to visit Grandma and Grandpa (Jonathan's parents) in Layton, UT. Jonathan and his three brothers helped his dad plant flowers in the front yard while Benjamin and I visited with Grandma in the house. It was a good visit and a chance to celebrate Mothers' Day with Jonathan's mom.

My first Mothers' Day was fun. I got a couple nice cards, all the fixins for a banana split (I've been craving one), and a nice long nap on Sunday afternoon. My present is a new professional grade flat iron for my hair, but it's still on the FedEx truck and should be here on Wednesday. Good thing too, because mine blew up (literally- loud pop, lights flickered a little) when I was using it earlier this week. Jonathan also made me dinner- what a great husband I have!

No comments: