For the week leading up to Valentines Day I've been doing a little something special for Jonathan. Mostly they are just little things, like a treat hidden in his backpack or a homemade card. But last night I planned an extra special treat, and Jonathan was so impressed he wanted me to post it on the blog. What I did was make a homemade Deal or No Deal game. Here's the finished product so you get an idea of what it looked like before I try to describe how it worked. Sorry the pictures aren't the greatest, but I couldn't figure out how to cut the glare and have more of the details show up. You get the general idea though...
I used an old dry erase board to display all the pieces. First I made 9 beautiful models and 9 cases...
Then I made the Howie "host"
Each of the 9 cases had something fun and different in it. Things like, no dishes for a week or a free pass to do nothing but watch sports all day. Some cases were much more desirable than others. I had Jonathan choose a case which I moved next to Howie. Then he chose other cases one by one. After each case he had the opportunity to "take the deal" and keep what was in the case or say "no deal" and keep going hoping to get something even better.
It took me hours to make the game (using my Cricut- possibly the greatest scrapbooking tool ever, but that's a post for another day) and it took about 5 minutes to play the game and open all 9 cases. Oh well. At least Jonathan had fun. And he said he wanted to keep the game to play again another time.
Of course he does... :)
2 comments:
what a cute idea. so what did he end up winning?!
That is an AWESOME idea Tabitha!!! You are so creative!!!
Post a Comment