We had an exciting day today full of football memories :) This morning was Wymount's Opening Social (For those of you not familiar with what I'm talking about- Wymount is the student family housing we live in and an Opening Social is a big activity at the beginning of the school year.) There was lots of games and contests and free food. Jonathan decided to compete in the Football Throwing contest where the person who threw the football the furthest would win a prize- And Jonathan won! He threw the football 179 feet- 1 foot short of 60 yards! He beat out the next person by 2 feet.
Way to go Jonathan!

As a prize, Jonathan received a Football autographed by Bronco Mendenhall- the Head Coach of BYU Football. As soon as Benjamin saw that Jonathan got a football he insisted on holding it and carrying it around. We started walking back to our apartment and when Benjamin realized we were leaving he threw a tantrum, which included throwing the new football in the mud and falling to the ground crying. Jonathan was, uh... disappointed... that he hadn't owned the signed football for 2 minutes before it was thrown in the mud. Luckily we got it home and cleaned off with no problems and it looks great!
After the Opening Social and a much needed nap, Benjamin got to go to the BYU vs UCLA football game with Jonathan. He had fun and looked so cute all dressed up. And BYU was awesome- they beat UCLA 59-0!

I'm sorry I missed such an awesome game, but I got to go shopping with Daniel and found some AWESOME clearance deals on baby clothes at Target ($2.48 for a pair of shoes?! $1.28 for a shirt?! Can't pass up on those prices).
So overall, it was a pretty awesome game
2 comments:
i'm so proud to say i know someone who went to a byu game and has a football signed by the greatest coach in college football. I'm going to tell at least two people about this for sure!
congrats on the new arrival. good work!
I had no idea you had such a great arm, Jonathan. Maybe from all that fishing, right?! And I love how Benjamin threw your football in the mud only minutes after you got it. I laughed out loud about that! Just remember that all your stuff REALLY belongs to him, not the other way around. : )
Post a Comment