Sunday, November 23, 2008

What a Week...

It's been a whole week since I last posted anything, but it feels like 1 day. We've been so busy and goin' crazy around here. But what else is new?
I can't wait to share the best best bestest news ever: Benjamin finally calls me Mama! Jonathan has been working with him for months now trying to get him to say it (bless his heart because I gave up long ago) and he now will! It's the sweetest sound in the world and I'm guilty of asking him to say it at random times throughout the day. I love hearing it!


Benjamin is picking up so many new words these days I can barely keep up with them. He now says eggs, bread, tree, bird, two, oink, ball, door... and those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. We're pretty sure he'll be talking in sentences pretty soon!

Funny story: We have one of those torch lamps in our room (the tall ones with a shade that points toward the ceiling) that is a touch one so you just have to touch it to turn it on and off. Benjamin loves it (for obvious reasons- touch on, touch off- what more could a toddler want?) The other morning I was feeding Daniel in bed and Benjamin crawled in bed with me and was playing with the lamp. It's on Jonathan's side of the bed so I couldn't reach it. Benjamin decided he wanted to shake the lamp and I warned him to stop otherwise he may break it. Well, he didn't break it but he did shake it hard enough for the shade to fall off. So I said, "Benjamin, you broke it! Uh oh." And Benjamin pointed at the lamp and said "Broke." Now every time he sees that lamp or the one that's similar in our living room he points to it and says "broke."

Daniel is getting so big and he's such a happy baby. I wish I had more to report about him, but I don't. We're just so glad that he's happy and healthy and the cutest baby in the world.


We leave for California to visit my family for Thanksgiving in 2 days. I can't wait. It should be quite an adventure flying with 2 kids.

No comments: