Benjamin has been to the doctor's office twice this week. On Tuesday he had his 9 month check up-- we have a healthy 19 lb, 13 oz boy. He has grown to 29.4 inches long too! This is a far cry from the 7 lbs 4 oz and 19 inches long he started out as back in January. So the first doctor appointment was a good thing! The second, well, that was different. Yesterday morning I noticed Benjamin was chewing on something so I tried to get it out of his mouth. I assumed it was a small piece of paper because he loves to eat paper... but while I was trying to get the object out of his mouth I realized it was a staple! Benjamin was too fast for me and he swallowed it before I could get it out! The little stinker! We called the doctor and they wanted us to bring him in just to make sure it had gone down the right tube (not into the lungs). Since it was a used staple (the prongs were closed in, not sticking straight out) they weren't too worried about it doing any damage unless it wasn't heading out the right way. Anyway, after 2+ hours at the doctor and a set of x-rays we were told they couldn't see the staple in the digestive tract so it must be making it's way through just fine. Benjamin has been nothing but happy since the incident so I'm thinking he is doing well and we'll find the staple eventually : )
No comments:
Post a Comment