Monday, December 10, 2007

Big Boy Clothes and a Moment of "Mommy Enlightenment"

My baby is wearing size 18 months clothes! I can't believe how big he is getting. In September or October we bought him a bunch of 12 and 18 months clothes thinking he'd be wearing them until March or April... but here it is only December and he's outgrown some of the 12 months sizes and already wearing some of the 18 month sizes! Not 2 months ago he was still fitting into some 9 month size clothes. Let's hope he doesn't have a growth spurt too soon or else we may have to go on another shopping spree for toddler clothes. This shirt is a size 18 months and it fits great, except the arms are a little long. I had to roll them up a bit. But other than that, it's pretty much the perfect size.


By the way, Benjamin absolutely loves to sit in my desk chair by himself. It's pretty much a guaranteed smile if you stick him down and snap a picture. Bonus points if you spin the chair around a couple times! I love learning these little tricks that make a baby happy. For example, today while driving home from Target Benjamin was just screaming, screaming, screaming. I had no idea why. He wasn't hungry, he wasn't tired, he wasn't uncomfortable (that I could tell). But he just kept screaming no matter what I did. Granted, you can't do much from the front seat, but my usual "tricks" weren't working. Then, in a moment of ingenious "Mommy Enlightenment" I started rolling the back windows down two inches, then back up. Then down two inches, and then back up. Over and over again. Benjamin stopped crying and watched the windows going up and down the rest of the way home. I'll have to remember this for the next time he starts screaming in the car. We do have a 10+ hour drive to California next week... :)

1 comment:

Morgan said...

I can't believe he is already wearing such big clothes. many of asher's 18 mo shirts are really baggy on him. that's ok though, i love pudgy little babies!

nice job on the windows. i've never thought about doing that either! where in CA are you going next week? we're driving to Sacramento on Friday night. We opt to drive through the night with a little one, then he can sleep the whole way!