I love Christmas and can't wait until it's "not too early" to put up Christmas decorations and start listening to Christmas music. Jonathan feels that Christmas can't last more than 4 weeks... bah humbug I say! He doesn't know that Benjamin and I are already listening to Christmas music at home and in the car when he's not around... he he he!
So here's my little taste of Christmas while I'm waiting for Daniel to fall asleep for the night...
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? - Wrapping paper. With bows because that is one of Jonathan's traditions.
2. Real tree or Artificial? I love the smell of a real tree, but hate the mess. Seriously, how can I still find pine needles in my house in April when I've vacuumed like 100 times?! This year we have to have an artificial tree- student housing does not allow real ones
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually right after New Years, unless our tree is dead and a fire hazard. Then it comes down earlier. Which makes me sad.
5. Do you like egg nog? Eh, it's ok. I usually have a little each year just to say I did.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hmmm... I'm not sure which was my favorite. Too many good ones I guess :)
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. Three. My favorite Christmas decoration. I really want the Fisher Price one this year. I think Benjamin would love playing with it.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My parents. They already have everything I think to buy them.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Jonathan. He just wants cash so he can buy some sort of fishing thingy.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. I love the collection we get every year.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? One year one set of grandparents (won't name which one, but I'm sure they don't read our blog anyway) gave me a sand art kit that said ages 8-12 or something like that. I think I was 15 at the time.
12 . Favorite Christmas movie? How the Grinch Stole Christmas. The classic animated one. Loooove it!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? The earlier the better for me. I love being done. I try to start before Thanksgiving. This year that so hasn't happened.
14 . Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably.
15. Any Christmas traditions? Something we started with Benjamin that my mom did for us and her mom did for her is that Santa always brings a Teddy Bear for your first Christmas. Benjamin got one last year and Daniel will get one this year. I still have my Santa Bear from 26 years ago!
16 . Clear lights or colored on the tree? Jonathan loves colored lights. I enjoy both, but prefer clear ones. I think it helps the ornaments stand out more and those are more important to me than the lights. Each ornaments has a memory attached to it.
17. Favorite Christmas song? "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" and "Joy To The World." And of course everyone loves Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas, Is You" But I pretty much like all Christmas music.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Tough choice. I always enjoy Christmas in La Crescenta with my family, but it will be nice to be home with just Jonathan and our boys this year.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes, but I have to sing the song in my head to do so (The beginning of Rudolph... "You know Dasher, and Dancer, and Prancer, and Vixen...")
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Definitely a star.
21 . Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? I've always enjoyed doing it Christmas morning. Jonathan's family does it Christmas Eve. So we compromise- we do both.
22. Favorite thing for Christmas dinner? Pie. Oh wait, that's dessert. Probably the mashed potatoes, or the turkey, or the stuffing... mmm. I can't decide.
2 comments:
LOVED reading this! I'm with you, never too early to start listening to Christmas music :) We are totally going to give teddy bears to our kids on the first Christmas...I still have mine, too! Thanks for the post and MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!
I loved your post too Tab! I also have my bear! It's a little ripped in the foot and little shabby, but I love him. :) Also, um, I have a similar story about a gift way too young for me when I was at the end of my teenage years...we'll have to talk about it sometime...:)
Post a Comment