Thursday, February 19, 2009

Belated Valentines Day Post

I meant to post this on Valentines' Day, but we were really busy last week (when are we not) and I never found a quiet moment to work on this. So I'm posting it now. I think Valentines' Day is a great holiday. I know we're supposed to show the people we love and cherish what they mean to us all year long, but the idea that there is one special day to go above and beyond the usual daily reminders and expressions of love is wonderful.

Today I wanted to express to each of my "boys" just how much I love them and what they mean to me. You'll have to be patient with me because I'm not the best at expressing emotions and things don't translate well into actual words.
Daniel, you are my shining star! I cannot get over how happy and cheerful you are every day. I love watching how you admire and look up to your older brother even at the young age of 6 months old. You are so patient with me when I have to delay your feedings and diaper changes because Benjamin needs attention or dinner has to be made. We are so blessed to have you in our home; the spirit and love that you have shared with us is tremendous. It's true that I was hoping you were going to be a little girl, but now I wouldn't trade you for a million little baby girls. I am so happy and humbled to be given the chance to raise you at this time and help you become the little prince you are destined to be. I love you, Daniel.

Benjamin, you are my special boy! Not a day goes by that you don't make me laugh out loud at your funny antics and outrageous behavior. I waited a long time for you to join our family (well, it felt like a long time to me!) and I know that you came at the right time for you and for us. I love watching you care for your little brother and I know you are going to be his best friend. You are so caring and aware of those who may be sad or upset and I hope you always remember to watch out for those smaller than you. I can't wait for you to learn to speak your thoughts because I know we are going to have some amazing conversations. You are so smart and capable of great things. I love you, Benjamin.
Jonathan, you are my soulmate and I love you. There is no one else who could put up with my weakness and be so patient with me as I struggle and learn and grow. I can't put into words how deeply I feel love for you. I love how you are deeply commited to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I trust in your ability to hold and honor your Priesthood. You lead our family toward righteousness and for that I am eternally grateful. You are a wonderful father- our boys obviously love you very much and look to you for guidance even though they are so young. You are a great husband because you try to put my needs ahead of your own and you want me to be happy. Thank you. Oh, and you're the world's greatest fisherman. No joke. I love you, Jonathan

1 comment:

Candie said...

This is so sweet. I love you Tabitha. Thanks for making me get all teary eyed :) (it's good for me once in a while).