Friday, May 22, 2009

Friday's 7 Quick Things

In my attempt to update you when I have no time (or desire) to write out long blogs full of pictures, here is my first ever "7 Quick Things Friday"

1. Daniel is not only crawling and pulling himself up on anything and everything, but he is also starting to walk holding on to the sides of furniture or our hands. Yesterday I gave him Benjamin's old walking toy (the kind that they can push while standing) and he took a few steps.

2. Time Outs work only 75% of the time with Benjamin. 15% of the time I have to issue a second time out within 2 minutes of ending the first. 5% of the time he gets a THIRD time out. The remaining 5% of the time I resort to a spanking and nip the problem in the butt, er bud.

3. My house is a mess, but at least my closets are beautifully clean and organized. All of them. And the awesome part is that I cleaned and organized them over a week ago and they are still perfect. Woot!

4. Tonight is date night and it's my choice of where to go out to eat. I've been craving 5 Guys for over a week now so I'm pretty much counting down the hours- only 7 hours left. Then we'll probably rent a movie from the Redbox.

5. My friend Ashley invited us to go feed the ducks yesterday and Benjamin thought it was the coolest thing ever. There was a little duck family- a daddy duck, a mommy duck, and three little baby ducks. Benjamin did not want to leave and carried the leftover hot dog bun all the way home.

6. Daniel is an eating machine these days! In one sitting he can finish a Stage 2 and a Stage 1 baby food jar. He can also drink an entire 4oz bottle of formula in less than 4 minutes if he wants to. We're not worried about his weight being in the 5th percentile anymore.

7. Benjamin went to his last day of gymnastics yesterday. We are so glad that we signed him up for it back in October. The changes we have seen in him are awesome- when he first started going he couldn't hang on to the bar by himself at all. Now he hangs and swings on his own. He is so much more social and understanding of how "classes" and "teachers" work. He loves to stretch and is no longer afraid of walking on the beams.

No comments: