Monday, May 11, 2009

I Graduated Too :)

On May 1st I graduated from UVU with my Associates degree (finally- ha ha. It's tough putting your husband through school). I'm hoping to finish my Bachelor's Degree sometime while Jonathan is working on his PHD, but our kids come first so we will see if that happens.
Oh, while I was lined up underneath the McKay Events Center where Commencement was being held I saw some pretty cool people- Can you see President Henry B. Eyring in the below picture?
That's Sister Eyring in the yellow standing to the right. When I first saw him I started looking around at everyone else lined up around me (we were lined up according to degree) to see if anyone else recognized him and it didn't seem like anyone did so I whipped out my cell phone to take a picture anyway. A few minutes after I took this picture on my cell phone he walked by and shook hands with people around me. I was too busy trying to text Jonathan to tell him who I saw so I missed my chance to shake his hand.
But, I was not disappointed... as I was trying to text my picture to Jonathan President Dieter F. Uchtdorf walked by and looked right at me and said "Congratulations" to me. Whoa. Awesome! We had just heard him speak at Jonathan's graduation Commencement the week before. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to get a picture of him because my phone was busy trying to text the above picture.
And to top it all off, President Thomas S. Monson spoke at my Commencement ceremony, too.

3 comments:

A. Pearce said...

Congratulations Tabitha!

Rebecca said...

That's AWESOME! Congrats Tabitha! And how neat that you got to see the whole first presidency!

Candie said...

wow! Congratulations Tabitha!!!! being full time mommy and going to school? You rock :)