I started by having Benjamin watch me fill it with water. Then I showed him how mom drank out of it. When I handed it to him, he stuck it right in his mouth. It took just a couple minutes of me telling him to drink "like a ba-ba" to get him to stop chewing on the straw and start sucking out of it. He was surprised when he first got some water out of the straw and then he was excited!
The cup is a little heavy for him to hold by himself, so we'll be heading out to the store this week to get him some lighter ones. But this one that Grammy gave him for Christmas will be great for the diaper bag because the lid locks down so it won't spill. Plus it has his name on it so there won't be any confusion when we're visiting with other big boys and girls and their sippy cups. Now just wish us luck with phasing out the bottle completely....
PS- I'm still working on the post about Benjamin's birthday party. There are so many pictures and so many things to write about that it's going to take me awhile, but I'll get it done!
5 comments:
very cute background!
that's great that he can drink from a straw, i think that is my next step with asher too. the bottle transition really wasn't bad at all for us. as long as they are comfortable drinking from some sort of sippy cup, it should be fine. there was just one night that he wanted his bottle, but i think he only cared cause he was so tired.
so, 15 months is when they get object attachment huh? wish i had known that, that's around the time that asher really started to "need" his binky. i have a feeling this is going to be a long road getting him off of it. we are starting with no binky except for sleeping (except at church), so far so good. i am VERY nervous to see how he does when i cut it out completely. but i kind of want to before the baby comes, so he doesn't try to steal his. i just don't know if i have the guts yet!!
Morgan, I don't envy you at all. We were very lucky with Benjamin. He gave up his binky on his own after we started just giving it to him at naps and bedtime. When we started letting him cry it out he would spit out his binky and then fall asleep without it. After a week he would spit it out before we finished his book/prayer/song routine. I wish I could give you some good advice. All I can say is it will be hard, but worth it.
Tabitha! I love the background, where did you get it?
The heart paper came from Shabbyprincess.com It was in one of the "holiday" package downloads, and then I used the red solid from another set I had downloaded. I think it was teh 4th of July one.
Did I mention that I LOVE shabby princess's papers and embellishments?
Hey Tabitha! This is Natalie Olsen from the 103rd ward. I got your blog address from Morgan's. Hope it is okay! We have a blog now too.
theolsenfamily-utah.blogspot.com. Hope the sippy cup transitioning goes well!
Post a Comment