Monday, April 28, 2008

Benjamin has been waiting a long time for this...

Since we only have 2 bedrooms right now (that is changing in 3 weeks!) Benjamin shares his bedroom with Jonathan's fishing poles. About 2 or 3 months ago Benjamin finally noticed they were there in the corner, but blocked off by his exersaucer (that big red and blue thing in the pictures) that he no longer plays with. When I go in to get Benjamin in the morning or after a nap he is often standing in his crib pointing at the fishing poles and saying "mom...mom...mom" Now, before you get confused- Benjamin uses the word "mom" for everything but me. I basically interpret it as "Mom, I want that." At least that is what I tell myself to make me feel better. But anyway, today Jonathan was going through his poles and decided to give an old broken one to Benjamin to let him play with it. Well, Benjamin loved it- but not as much as Jonathan loved that Benjamin loved it :) Here are some fun pictures of Benjamin playing with Jonathan's pole...

Look how tall the pole is compared to Benjamin, and he was waving that thing around. Both Jonathan and I got hit in the face more than once.
Yes, I know his outfit doesn't match, but it was right before bedtime and all his pajamas are in the dirty clothes hamper. So he is now sleeping in the shirt he wore today and a pair of sweats. At least I get points for getting him dressed today... right?

These pictures don't really show how big his smile was when he first got a hold of that pole. Trust me, it was so cute! But his big smiles wore off by the time I got the camera and was back in his room to take pictures. Sigh...


We did manage to get some video of Benjamin with the fishing pole, so enjoy this instead...



4 comments:

Rebecca said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!! I BET Jonathan is just thrilled!

Morgan said...

so cute! don't feel too bad about the pj thing, i have had many days like that. my laundry gets more and more backed up with 2 kids, so asher is frequently without clothes and pjs!

Jones said...

ok, here is my random comment. First of all, we have the same crib set, secondly is your bumper pad SERIOUSLY still crisp and in good condition???? my kids just destroy theirs. ok, maybe not destroy, but by 10 months old or something, those bumpers do not stand up straight like that!

lucky!

oh and I love the new haircut!!

Tabitha said...

Jessica- actually, yes, the bumper pad is still like new. Benjamin has never climbed on it or pulled it or anything. He pretty much only uses it to play peek-a-boo behind when I come in to get him after a nap or in the morning. That's why it's still in there. I might be taking it out soon though because he did put his foot up on it the other day like he was going to try using it as a step to climb out of the crib.

Goodness, I guess I am lucky, huh?! I'm planning on using it for baby #2 since we're having another boy. Maybe I better take it out today while it's still looking good!