I heard on the news this morning that airline flights were going to skyrocket in price over the next few weeks and it reminded me that I needed to start looking for flights to California for Thanksgiving. So I jumped online and started looking around. Southwest isn't taking reservations for November yet, so I jumped over to Jet Blue. Are you frickin' kidding me? 2 adult roundtrip tickets from Salt Lake to San Jose... over $800! We'll drive if that's what it is going to cost us. We were worried about gas prices, but $800!!!So I thought, this has to be crazy. We can fly cheaper than that. At this point though, I was thinking $600 would be an awesome deal. My next stop was Delta. I put in a few dates and it came back with $169 a ticket. So I thought, that's probably the best I'm going to find and I can deal with $300 for each of our tickets. We'd probably spend at least $300 in gas. Not to mention food, a hotel room if we decide to drive only halfway each day, etc. $600 is a lot of money, but we needed to stimulate the economy with the money we just got back from the government anyway.
I filled out everything and then checked out the total for two tickets... $338. Huh, what?! I was expecting that much per person, not total. I double checked everything and that was the total for 2 adult tickets, round trip. So I went back and double checked a third, and fourth, and fifth time. That's when I noticed I had originally misread the ticket price. It wasn't $169 each way like I thought, it was $169 ROUND TRIP each person. WOO HOO!!!
2 comments:
dude, didn't that just make your day?!! nice job!
Sweeeeet! Does Jonathan's family live out here in San Jose? Are you going to be here a while? I would love to see you....
Post a Comment