First of all, pretty much anything cool that I have is packed away. So that's my disclaimer on why my basket was pretty lame.
The first thing I put in the basket was the latest scrapbook page I finished. Anyone who knows anything about me knows that I love to get my hands messy with creative outlets... and scrapbooking is my number one choice of outlet. I can't wait to unpack all my scrapbook stuff again...
I love to read. It's my favorite relaxing, needing my own time, escaping from the world of responsibilites thing to do. This book was pretty good, it's the story behind how Peter Pan became Peter Pan of Neverland. It's called Peter and the Starcatchers.
At this point I showed Jonathan everything that I had collected and mentioned that I felt like a big part of me was missing. His response- "well, you do like math and are very organized." Umm... thanks, honey. I didn't really want to broadcast my nerdy side, but here goes anyway...
I jammed The Binder into the basket. I keep EVERYTHING in here. Bills, phone
lists and addresses, weekly menus, cleaning checklists, To Do lists... everything. I love it. Especially when Jonathan asks where's that paper he needs or the ward phone directory? My smug answer: "The Binder."
I added my calculator because I do like math. Good thing I get to do math everyday for my job. One of my favorite things to do is price groceries and household items by ounce or unit of some kind. Especially when you throw in coupons and sale prices. Who doesn't love knowing you spent $0.12 per 12 oz bottle of water instead of $0.68 each?
Seriously, nerdy and lame. I can't believe I'm admitting these things. Jonathan must be so embarroussed.
3 comments:
Nerdy and lame? Not even! We're all a little nerdy, in our own ways. Some more than most... but I don't think you fall into that category, my dear. ;)
And I'm so glad to hear you like "Peter and the Starcatchers"! My sister is OBSESSED with those. She's not a reader, but she devours those. Have you read the "Twilight" series? My goal is to get to those this summer - so many of my friends out here have read those and love them!
PS: Oh. My. Gosh. Benjamin's gotten soooo big!!!
Christa- LOVE the Twilight series. Jonathan just surprised me with her new book, The Host, last night. Too bad I can't read it yet- we're moving Saturday and I have a ton of reading for my class this week. Not to mention a little thing I do during the day called Work. I'm dying to open it, but it'll have to wait until next week sometime :(
Post a Comment