I thought we'd have a baby on Friday (8/8/08!) and after 3 hours of contractions 3-5 minutes apart we decided to go to the hospital- just to be sent home. ARRRGGHHHH. I did get a shot of morphine though so I could sleep that night (we left the hospital about 11:30pm). Saturday and Sunday weren't much better in the pain department. I had contractions all day ranging anywhere from 3 minutes to 30 minutes apart. I'm waiting until they are consistantly 3 minutes apart again and I can't talk or walk through them. Who knows how long I'm going to be waiting.... this baby just doesn't want to come!
Meanwhile, Benjamin is having as much fun as ever. He has definitely grown about a half inch at least since his doctors appointment last month. He can now get up on the pews at church without help and managed to reach the doorknob and open the front door yesterday. He was just a tad too short to do that until then. I wouldn't have believed it if I wasn't standing there watching him. I'm so glad I was because he would have had no problem running outside alone to play.
A couple weeks ago Benjamin got his first bubble bath ever. I know, how did we let 18 months of this kid's life go by without a bubble bath? He wasn't quite sure what to make of it at first, but now he enjoys them!
He's also learning how to jump and getting very good at it-
1 comment:
You poor thing! I didn't mind my pregnancy at all except for the morning sickness and the contractions..and I think I'd take three months of morning sickness over a week of contractions any day. We'll keep you in our prayers.
Addison hasn't ever had a bubble bath either. The doctor told me that bubble baths can cause yeast infections in girls, so I'm paranoid. But she loves bubbles so much, I may have to break down soon.
Post a Comment