Sorry in advance for the long post. It started as a short one about Daniel sitting up and then I just started rambling. But it's entertaining rambling!
Daniel sat up by himself for the first time today. For the past week or two he has been sitting in the chair part of our baby swing that comes out and sits by itself as a rocking chair. We've had to make sure he was strapped in at all times because he would pull himself up until he was sitting straight up without any support and we were worried that he would fall forward and out of the chair.
Today I decided to try and have him sit up by himself on the floor. He has been doing it a little bit while sitting on my lap but I figured it was different than being on the hard floor. I was actually surprised that Daniel did so well on his own. My little boy is getting so big so fast!
We are expecting Daniel to start crawling within a month or so. Benjamin didn't crawl until he was 8 1/2 months old, but Daniel already has the motion down when he's playing on his belly and he attempts to push himself forward with his feet toward the toys and other things that are just out of reach. Luckily he has a great older brother who doesn't mind getting on the floor and showing him how to roll over and crawl and jump and throw things and whine and scream for cookies and... Hold on for one second (scrolling down to view my previous post as another reminder to why I had kids)
Ok, and I'm back. I was talking about what a great brother Benjamin is. He has started to interact a lot more with Daniel. I wrote about the first time he specifically did anything to make Daniel laugh on my picture blog Just today he started playing peek a boo with Daniel. We were in the car on our way to Target to pick up a few things and I was on the phone with my dad when I heard Benjamin start giggling. I wasn't paying much attention until after I hung up the phone and after watching him in the rear view mirror (safely, of course) I saw him hide his face behind the collar of his jacket and then pull it down and say "boo!" to Daniel. My guess is that it was making Daniel smile really big and that's why Benjamin was giggling. Jonathan said he was playing peek a boo with him later tonight as well while I was in the kitchen making dinner.
Benjamin's newest "game" that he likes to play is "sleep." He will get his blankets and stuffed animals from his crib and put them on the couch an then lay down and say "sleep" (which sounds more like "shweep") The picture above is him telling me to "Shhh" because he's sleeping (I do that to him when Daniel is sleeping and he's being loud).
Sometimes he will pretend to snore too. The funniest thing about it all is that he keeps his eyes wide open and looks right at you as he's snoring and sleeping. In the past couple days he has also been putting his stuffed animals down for naps as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment