Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Fathers Day

I know I'm a day late, but we spent all day yesterday with family and by the time we got home and put Benjamin to bed I was ready for bed myself.

Benjamin woke up early on Sunday so he and I played and got ready for the day while Jonathan enjoyed sleeping in. When Jonathan woke up we gave him his presents. Benjamin had made a cute card for Jonathan (well, I folded it but he put on the stickers, glitter, and drew the pictures) and I was able to get him to let me get a couple of footprints onto some cardstock too. Benjamin was not happy about having paint on his bare feet, but he was a champ and it was not a horrible experience like I expected it to be. After Jonathan opened his gifts we had breakfast and Benjamin got a quick 45 minute nap in before church.

We went to church with my brother and sister in law, Dianne and Rob. My other brother and sister in law, Theresa and Dave, and their 2 kids, Matthew and Savannah, also came. It was nice to have plenty of people to entertain Benjamin while Jonathan and I got to pay attention in Sacrament meeting. I think this is the quietest Benjamin has ever been in church since he slept through it more than a year ago. It was very nice. After church we went to Dianne and Rob's house for lunch. Benjamin loves it there, especially when he gets to play with the kitties. Here's a picture of Benjamin and Savannah playing with sweet Hermie, the kitty that puts up with so much from these kids-

After lunch we went to visit Jonathan's parents. Benjamin refused to take a nap once we got there. But he did really well all day and wasn't as cranky as we thought he would be. He enjoyed playing outside, so much so that I couldn't get a picture of his face because he was running around so much.



He also like laying on the floor and eating Stropwaffels... those are these absolutely delicious cookies made in Holland (where Jonathan's mom is from). Jonathan's aunt had just come for a visit from Holland and had brought a bunch with her. We brought some, ok a lot, home with us :o) If you've ever seen the movie The Best Two Years it's the cookie they buy hot from street vendors.


Benjamin also really enjoyed playing the piano, especially with his cousin Savannah...

That was pretty much our Fathers' Day. I think Jonathan had a good day. Benjamin and I tried to make it special for him to let him know how much we love and appreciate him. Jonathan does so much for us. He is a wonderful father to Benjamin- always playing and laughing with him and supporting me in trying to raise him well. The three words Benjamin says are Dad, Jesus, and please, so I think that shows how much he loves his daddy and how well Jonathan is teaching him. We love you Jonathan!

No comments: