So last week I wrote this post about how we've stopped giving Benjamin a bottle. He was doing really well for several days. It almost seemed like he'd forgotten about them all together. I commented to Jonathan about this exact thing on our drive home from visiting his parents on Fathers Day. I guess I jinxed myself.
As soon as we got home we put Benjamin in his pajamas and asked if he wanted some milk before bed. He ran toward the fridge smiling and laughing so I knew that was a yes. I opened the fridge and handed him his sippy cup that had milk still in it from breakfast. He took one look at it and pushed it away. He then turned to the cupboard where I kept his clean bottles and pointed and said, "uugghhh," which can be translated as "no, that." I said, "Here's your milk from your big boy sippy." He kept pushing it away and pointing toward the cupboard. I was hoping it was just because he was super tired from not taking a nap that day and being up an hour past his usual bedtime.
But then this morning he did the same thing when I tried to give him his sippy cup of milk for breakfast. Oh no... I hope it doesn't get any worse. He does ok once I tell him he can only have milk from his big boy sippy cup. But I think it's going to be a long week. Next time, I'm not making any comments about a B-O-T-T-L-E (I spelled it out in the car too, but apparently that doesn't matter. You can still jinx yourself even if you don't actually SAY the word.) Sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment