
For the past two years we've been with a certain cell phone company who seems to have bent over backwards to give me a horrible experience. (I won't name the company here, but if you click on that link you probably won't be surprised at all who it is.) The last time I called the bane of my existence I spent 1 hour and 45 minutes on the phone with Jarome just to have him tell me, "Yes, there is a billing error on your account and I'll have someone look into that for you and call you back." That was 3 1/2 weeks ago and I still haven't received that phone call. (I didn't pay the stupid fee they were trying to charge me and now it's no longer on my account, so I guess they actually did something right).
ANYWAY... so I've been counting down the days until we could get a new service provider. Jonathan started counting with me when we moved 3 weeks ago and he discovered that his phone gets absolutely no service in our new apartment. It's a pain to have to walk outside to make or receive a phone call. My phone still got service inside, but most of the time it was sketchy at best. Well, today was the day we could get a new service and not have to pay the ridiculous cancellation fee with Sprint- I mean the service company we had before. Because Jonathan works at BYU we were able to get a discount on our monthly service bill AND a discount on our phones. Oh, and we each were able to get 3 different accessories (wireless headpiece, music downloading cord thing, and extra memory card) for an extra $50. Pretty sweet.
So... this is my new phone, the EnV2:

And this is Jonathan's new Gleam:
We're pretty happy today. Jonathan can now use his phone inside the house and I don't ever have to talk to that other company again- unless of course they mess up our final bill (which they probably will now that I've jinxed myself by saying so.) And Benjamin is pretty happy with our old cell phones to play with. He has always loved playing with our cell phones so it's nice to give him our old ones that he still thinks work.

2 comments:
oh I hear ya! I'm counting down (we have till next february!) till we'll be free!!!!! I hate 'that certain cell phone company'!!!
my sister got those bootscoot bikes for my nephews, ages 2 1/2 and 3 1/2. the 2 1/2 year old actually doesn't really like it, and my older nephew didn't seem to love it either. i think because they can't just sit on them, they have to balance themselves, so it's not as recreational and fun, it's a little more work. i felt bad, because asher kept trying to sit and play on it, but it was too big, and he didn't know what he was supposed to do on it. i think the idea is good though. i think we are going to go with a tricycle with a removable push bar, as asher can't pedal right now, but just loves to ride on them. that way he will learn how to pedal as he gets older. we are also looking at the ones that fold, as we are going to be living in a tiny apt in NY.
i saw a really cool bike at toysrus, it is a mix between a tricycle and a bike with training wheels, but the "training wheels" are really secure so it doesn't wobble at all, and then you can remove them too. it is really small and has an adjustable seatt, from front to back instead of up and down, and the 2 big wheels are a little bit thicker than normal. if i didn't want a push bar, i would get that one. it was cool!
Post a Comment