Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Baking With Mom

This past Saturday Benjamin helped me for the first time baking brownies for dad to enjoy after the Priesthood session of Conference. He really enjoyed pouring the water and oil and eggs (I obviously used a boxed mix this time) into the bowl and stirring it together. And he looked so cute in his big apron.Unfortunately, these are the last pictures I was able to take before I dropped our camera about 2 seconds after I took the last picture. It was on and the lens was open when it hit the floor and now the lens won't close. $80 to fix it? No thanks- we bought a new one online (saving $30 off the retail price and getting a free case and 2GB memory card and I didn't have to pay a shipping fee). Hopefully we'll have it by Monday because we have a playdate at the Zoo next week.

Last night Benjamin helped me make cookies and he had a ton of fun stirring the flour and sugar and using the hand mixer. His favorite part was licking the beaters though- I did manage to get a few pictures of this with my cell phone. They're not the greatest picture quality, but it's better than nothing

And just for kicks here's a picture of cute little guy Daniel. We can't believe how big he's getting. He is already as big as Benjamin was at 3 months old and he's not even 2 months yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...maybe Benjamin will be a pastry chef when he grows up! That would be awesome. And I can't get over Daniel's hair--love it! Glad to see everything is going so well for you guys. Love you.