Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Jonathan's Surprise Birthday Party

I did it! I completely surprised Jonathan with a birthday party at the bowling alley and he had absolutely no idea it was coming. I originally planned it for March 25th, on his actual birthday, but a week and half before the party he called me to tell me he had an interview with the University of West Georgia on his birthday. So I had to completely reschedule and move the party up a whole week, giving me about 4 days to get everything done (including making my first ever cake with fondant icing). Luckily, it all worked out and Jonathan said he was completely surprised and really enjoyed himself.
And here is the cake I made. Working with fondant was actually really easy and I really enjoyed it. I love how the "marbled" bowling ball turned out.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

what a cute cake! i haven't worked with fondant yet. good to know that it's not too bad.

Christa Jeanne said...

That cake is amazing, Tabitha! I'm so impressed!!! Glad the party turned out wonderfully. :) How did the interview with West Georgia go?